This gal loves shopping and if it’s for beauty products (or shoes!) that’s even better. But what isn’t great is how expensive it can be to have the newest lipstick shade, nail polish color, or fragrance. So, I’m going to pass along some of my favorite beauty savings tips to you:
1. Shop online.
I love the online retailers that incentivize you with bonuses for the next time you shop with them. I don’t know how many times I have forgotten to bring my coupon so this is a great option. Some of my favorite online stores that offer this feature are:
Sign up for rewards or loyalty cards. CVS, Sephora and Ulta all offer some kind of reward or bonus if you shop with them. The reward can include such items as free products, savings coupons or bonus money to use on your next visit.
2. Shop websites that offer free postage, free returns and free samples. If the online store is located out of state then you will save on state sales tax too.
3. Sign up to receive emails from your favorite stores. Most online stores have sales several times a year offering 10% to 20% off of your total purchase. I have noticed that the sales usually fall around holidays and I make sure to only shop during these times.
4. Purchase during free bonus gift time. If you purchase your cosmetics from a department store wait until they offer a free bonus gift. If that bonus lipstick shade just isn’t your color consider a swap with your friends or donate the items to the local women’s shelter.
5. Fill out surveys on store receipts for added savings. Just remember to bring your receipt along with you the next time you shop with them.
6. Set aside more of your beauty budget for skincare treatments that matter to you the most such as anti-aging products, acne treatments, and a good quality foundation..